Friday, November 23, 2007

Christmas Shopping.

Jessica loves to shop all the sales on the day after T-Day. And when I say "all the sales" I mean including the ones starting at 4:00 am or even earllier. This year, she talked Liz into going to Kohl's at 4:00 am. They went to bed early to make ready, but I stayed up watching football. Sadly last night was one of those rare times when I had a headache, and it started at about 5:00 am. I finally got up and went to work (no days off for us contractors unless we don't want to get paid). As I was driving in at about 6:30 the radio had traffic reports. It went something like this:

"Let's check on today's traffic. Northgate Mall's parking lot is 85% full, but traffic is moving through with no serious problems. Collin Creek Mall is only 40% filled. Up in Frisco, the StoneBridge Mall is 100% and traffic is backed up along Hiway 121 from Preston Road to the Dallas North Tollway. . . . "

and so it went. I can't help thinking, "What WRONG with these people?" They have the day off and do they enjoy it? No. They stand in lines out in the cold, waiting to get into stores so they can save 40 cents in the big sale. They could be out fishing for goodness sakes!

Liz called to tell me I didn't have to plunge into the fray at W-mart to get our selected gift for Joshua because she got the last one at Kohl's at at even better price. Thank heavens, and amen!

2 comments:

Jan said...

I am probably an unusual woman in that I didn't do the black Friday shopping thing. I hate crowds with a passion and I hate traffic even worse. I'll wait until the crowds start to die down in a few weeks then I'll venture out.

Nancy Sabina said...

If I had a "day off" from my life I absolutely would have spent it shopping. But as hard as shopping with three little kids normally is - it's even harder in crowds where they don't seem to like it when I ram them with my big ol' double stroller or a cart.