Thursday, November 29, 2007

Bee Cutout from the castle - Part 2

I wish I thought to take photos of this house.  But this is a shot of the comb after I got a couple of 2X4 uprights out of the way.  The light colored comb on the right is new comb.  The older combs are dark from bees tracking mud inside the house in spite of all the queen can do.  Seriously it just gets dark as they use over and over.

Soon after that I was too sticky with honey to handle the camera, so no more photos.

This job was hard because I had to do it all on a ladder which makes your feet sore and doesnt give you good leverage when you need it.  And because I had to do this one alone.

And I had to leave the hive there until all the bees were inside, which took 4 more trips out there over 3 days.

<<DSC00330.JPG>>

J Earl Ashurst  J

earl.ashurst@citi.com

Phone: 469-220-8206


No comments: