Friday, May 1, 2020

Ssssshhh

A week or two ago, Liz and I were in the mission office and participated in a tradition of calling birthday missionaries and singing Happy Birthday to them.  It is a small group, so we sang with gusto, especially me.  Ever since then, I have been having troubles with my vocal chord disorder, with my throat getting tighter and tighter.  Yesterday evening it was uncomfortable enough to keep me awake for quite a while.
Solution - vocal rest.  I am trying to make no noise whatsoever with my throat.  For a full day!  Liz went off to the office with President and Sister M. and I am all alone at home.  Not that I mind that so much, but I'm not used to it anymore.  I could have gone, but every time you encounter someone, they expect a response, and the normal thing to do would be to explain, "Hi.  I have a vocal chord disorder, so I am not speaking today to give it some rest and let it heal.  Bye."  But that would defeat the purpose of vocal rest, so its either act like an idiot trying to pantomime that sentence, or avoid everybody.  Personally, I enjoy avoiding everybody, so here I go.
At least I have some pretty things to look at.
Life is so very good.

No comments: