Sunday, May 17, 2020

Good knee news

Last night, Elder Freestone, the mission doctor, who is home in St. George, called to tell me he'd looked at my MRI images.  He said the ligaments appear to be intact (Yeah!!!), but the meniscus is torn.  He said sometimes the meniscus folds under itself when it tears and that is very painful.  Sounds about right.  He said if that is what is happening, it is a very easy fix.  He said it should feel a little better each day, but I should continue to use crutches, then a cane so it can heal.  He also said I should do the exercises they recommend to strengthen the knee.  Use ibuprofen and drink lots of pepsi - no that was water I was supposed to drink.  I'll do that.
    We also had a transfer meeting last night, where President Melonakos announced transfers within the mission countries, because those are the only ones we can actually make at this time.  The new missionaries scheduled to come here this month can't come, yet, because the Croatian government won't let them yet, but the gov. people said to check with them next week.
It is now official and public - we are moving to Maribor, Slovenia.

No comments: