Sunday, March 21, 2010

Spring? What spring?


I will tell my story mostly with photos:

We have an evergreen, broadleaf bush growing outside Mom's kitchen window. It is big and it is behind the grey bush, behind the leafless bush. This is after the big snow a month or two ago. Snow slid down the roof and landed on the bush. It has been SO VERY wet this year that the ground is pretty much mush. My plan is to cut this bush to the ground and let it regrow in an upright position.


This is a before and after: Saturday morning - the first day of spring, and almost exactly 24 hours later on the 2nd day of spring..
























10:00 pm Saturday:

There were a few flakes during the day, but it really started late.











Sunday morning

I paused to take photos - and was late for my first meeting at church. More amazing - I was the only one late for the meeting.








Liz took this one early in the morning, of the car across the street from us.

2 comments:

Nancy Sabina said...

I said it to Mom and I'll say it to you: do NOT send any of that my way! I don't want it! If snow comes and kills my just-about-to-bloom daffodils I will be livid and totally blame YOU! ... OK, that may be extreme, but really, I don't want it.

The poor squished sideways bush is a very common sight around here right now. Just as all the 4 feet of snow was melting it rained for a day and then was super duper windy for 48 hours. Trees and bushes everywhere just kind of leaned over in the soaked soil. We have a sad small tree/bush in our backyard that will be saying bye-bye soon and I think the snow falling off the roof combined with kids playing in the yard killed one of our boxwoods in the front. Poor landscaping.

angela michelle said...

that crazy Texas weather!