Monday, March 22, 2010

Old photos - Families can be together






This was Mom and Dad's place in Brawley. Dad's folks came over and we got them to pose with us and the boys. My Grandmother had alzheimer's and I think it was setting in pretty hard at this time.













I think this is in Washington. Or Oregon?











Liz with Mica and Grandpa Benac.
Liz is holding a bowl of peaches. Grandpa usually made me trim his hedges to earn my keep, but Mica showered us with food. She'd cook two chickens to go with all the other stuff, not eat any herself, and insist we take it all with us when we left.










Cutting a christmas tree on the Olympic Penninsula. I loved going over there.


















Look at all the hair on that girl. I loved Liz in long hair, but I understand why she wants it shorter and less work.










Ruth adoring her mother and her kitty.












This one of my very favorite photos of Liz. She looked so dapper in her cub scout uniform, and the flowers and growth were one of the reasons we loved being in Washington. This location is Bainbridge Island.

4 comments:

Nancy Sabina said...

Wow! What a trip down memory lane these are!

How about putting all these old photos on the photo CD of the year this year? I'd love to have these.

Jessica said...

that last one of Joe looks like a mix of Sterling and Winter. so fun

Mark A said...

Wow lovin it. Keep um comin

Ruthie said...

Thanks for posting all these Dad! So fun!

And looking at some of these pics of mom when she was my age... whoa. We really do look alike, don't we!