Friday, February 6, 2009

More owl news

Keith drug me (kicking and screaming all the way) out to the pig-hunting farm Wednesday.  We wanted to see the feeders while there was still corn in them and hopefully see what pigs are coming to them.  I sat in my tree stand again, and I was interested to see if the owl would come back and harass me again.  Along towards evening, I saw him winging along just above the tree tops heading straight for me, but when he got close he suddenly veered away and landed in a tree on the other side of the creek – about 50 yards away.  He flew back to the North after a while and then returned to that same tree, but he never came close to me.  So I think the pressure is off and he is no longer the harbinger of doom.  I find that very reassuring.

  Today, I cut all the rest of the panels I need for the trailer sides, and I started sanding and priming.  I am continuing to make the pieces interlocking so that a single screw might hold 4 or 5 panels securely in place.  It’s a fun way to do it, but it takes longer to do it, this way.  It also makes it harder to paint, because of all the little cutouts and holes.

  I also (reluctantly) applied for jobs at Home Depot and at Lowes.  This is hard for me.  It’s not that I want to quit Clear Sky Handy Men, but we need some steady income.  I hope that I can do both, but there is an excellent chance that they won’t allow their employees to do handyman work on the side, or at least not use the employee discount for it.

2 comments:

Nancy Sabina said...

Well I'm glad to hear that the owl doesn't think you're going to die anytime soon!

angela michelle said...

i'm sure you'll figure out the right move. keep us posted!