Saturday, October 4, 2008

Nancy said she liked the bracelet displays, which made me happy. So, I called her and asked how she was going to display her necklaces. There was a pause before she admitted that she and Richard had planned to make one out of a paper towel tube.

"Oh! The Humanity! This is just terrible, folks. "

After she also admitted that it wasn't going all that well, I offered to give it a try and this is my attempt to be creative and functional. Notice the upright is our good old Bois D'Arc? In fact, it is the same branch as the necklace displays. Of course it's not as pretty with bark and sapwood still attached, but this was a rush job and I just didn't have time for that. The base is common whitewood, aka soft pine. I'm thinking the base needs a couple of coats of black paint. What do you think? There are 19 pegs, but it wouldn't be too hard to add more.

I will ship it unassembled, but the only assembly required is to screw in a long deck screw from the base into the bottom of the branch.

2 comments:

Nancy Sabina said...

I love it! You did it again! Hooray! I was just reading an article about how important it is to display your jewelry uniquely but so that it really shows off the jewelry too - I think both of your displays are just perfect!

(I'm not sure I'll be able to use the lower pegs since the necklaces from the top pegs will hang down over them but it still looks very cool and the top ones will work great!)

angela michelle said...

super cool.