Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Wow, what a lot of water!

First, Ruth asked me to make so she can comment on my Blog.  OK, thats done.

We had unbelievable rain yesterday, as Ive only ever seen in Texas.  It rained HARD, and all day long.  Keith called me and asked him to meet me near downtown Plano and I was lucky to even get there.  Spring Creek was over its banks and almost over the road.  It was the kind of rainstorm where the residential streets are full of water trying to get down into the storm drains, which the city has installed at about every 50 feet.  I dont just mean they are wet, I mean the surface of the water extends from the lawns above the curb on one side of the street all the way to the lawns above the curb on the other side.  The kind of storm where people get killed by it.  This one had a mild toll one  vehicle swept away with 2 rescued, the 1 kid playing in the water, swept away and not found yet.  Its often much worse than that with less water.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I almost got swept away myself! As I was walking to school in the morning I looked up into the sky and thought "hmmm, today might have been a good day to bring my umbrella." When I got home around 5:30 it was like I had just gotten out of the shower.